Home  |  Contacts  |   Links

Follow us : 

 

About the Public Debt Office (PDO)

Transparency

Statistic

Borrowings

Bonds Issues

Publications

Auctions

Market Markers Program

Investors Relations

IMF Arrangement

Nonfinancial public sector debt represents the 38.9% of GDP

As of Jul 31st of 2017, the nonfinancial public sector (NFPS) external and domestic debt totaled US$28,859.2 million. This amount represents 38.9% of the estimated GDP1.

The 65.40% of the NFPS total debt corresponds to external debt, which presented a balance of US$18,873.6 million, while the remaining 34.60% corresponds to domestic debt, which totaled RD$473,700.16 million, equivalent to US$9,985.6 million, at the exchange rate of RD$/US$=47.4381. These amounts represent 25.46% and 13.47% of the estimated GDP, respectively. Of the total domestic debt, US$2,790.2 million (3.8% of GDP) is intragovernmental debt, indebtedness between governmental institutions, such as the bonds issued by the Central Government for the capitalization and recapitalization of the Central Bank.

For more details, see the Public Debt Statistics as of Jul 31st,2017

1/ Nominal GDP base 2007, consensus between BCRD, MH and MEPYD according to the latest framework revised as of June 9th 2017, RD$3,575,742.2 million, (US$74,124.0 million).